Thursday, 1 January 1970

Argala Stotram

ll Argala Stotram ll 

Om. The seer of this Argala Stotram is Vishnu, meter is Anushtup, Mahalakshmi is deity, for the appeasement of Jagadamba the recital of this appendix to Saptashati is a must.

Om prostrations to Chandika.

Sage Markandeya said:
Om. Oh slayer of Chanda-Munda, salutations to thee; oh redeemer of earth, salutations to thee; oh Omnipresent Goddess, salutations to thee; oh Great Night of death, my prostrations to thee. 1

Jayanti, Mangala, Kali, Bhagrakali, Kapalini, Durga, Shiva, Kshama, Dhatri, Svaha and Svadha; my prostrations to thee. 2

Oh slayer of Madhu-Kaitabha, oh bestower of spiritual benedictions; prostrations to thee. Give me (spiritual) form, give me victory (over the six enemies), give me fame and destroy my (six) enemies.  3

Oh slayer of Mahishasura, oh bestower of eternal bliss to the devotees; prostrations to thee. Give me form, give me victory, give me fame and destroy my enemies. 4

Oh slayer of Dhumranetra, oh bestower of four-fold aims (Dharma, Kama, Artha and Moksha); Give me form, give me victory, give me fame and destroy my enemies. 5

Oh slayer of Raktabija, oh vanquisher of Chanda & Munda; Give me form, give me victory, give me fame and destroy my enemies. 6

Oh slayer of Nishumbha & Shumbha and bestower of auspiciousness to the three realms (spiritual, material and underworld); prostrations to thee. Give me form, give me victory, give me fame and destroy my enemies. 7

Oh Supreme Mother Goddess, eulogised by deities lead by Brahma, Vishnu & Rudra; oh bestower of all fortunes; Give me form, give me victory, give me fame and destroy my enemies. 8

Oh Supreme Mother Goddess, who destroys all foes by assuming incomprehensible forms and sporting unthinkable pastimes (i.e., by taking various Avatars);  Give me form, give me victory, give me fame and destroy my enemies. 9

Oh Aparne (Parvati), oh Supreme Mother Goddess who destroys the sins of devotees who seek asylum in thee; Give me form, give me victory, give me fame and destroy my enemies. 10

Oh Chandike, those who honestly eulogise thee by singing hymns in thy praise, may thou destroy his ailments (of materialism). Give me form, give me victory, give me fame and destroy my enemies. 11

Oh Chandike, The Supreme Mother Goddess who is invincible in battles and destroys all sins; Give me form, give me victory, give me fame and destroy my enemies. 12

Oh Supreme Mother Goddess, give me fortune (unadulterated devotion towards thee), good health (invulnerability towards temptations) and eternal bliss. Give me form, give me victory, give me fame and destroy my enemies. 13

Oh Supreme Mother Goddess, do good to me and give me prosperity. Give me form, give me victory, give me fame and destroy my enemies. 14

Oh Supreme Mother Goddess, make arrangements of destroying my enemies and give me strength. Give me form, give me victory, give me fame and destroy my enemies. 15

Oh Supreme Mother Goddess, the crest jewels of the crowns of Devas and Asuras, who are constantly busy in serving thou, are inferior to the dust of thine Lotus Feet. Give me form, give me victory, give me fame and destroy my enemies. 16

Oh Supreme Mother Goddess, endow me with Brahmavidya, fame and abundance. Give me form, give me victory, give me fame and destroy my enemies. 17

Oh possessor of supreme strength, who subdues the pride of the sons of Diti; Give me form, give me victory, give me fame and destroy my enemies. 18

Oh Supreme Mother Goddess who subdues the vanity of Asuras with utmost cruelty, I prostrate before thou always. Give me form, give me victory, give me fame and destroy my enemies. 19

Oh Parameshvari worshiped by four-armed one (Vishnu) and four-faced one (Brahma), Give me form, give me victory, give me fame and destroy my enemies. 20

Oh Ambika worshiped with utmost devotion by Krishna, Give me form, give me victory, give me fame and destroy my enemies. 21

Worshiped by the consort of Himalaya’s daughter (Parvati, Rudra), oh Paramehsvari; Give me form, give me victory, give me fame and destroy my enemies. 22

Oh Parameshvari worshiped by Indrani (Shachi) for her consort (Indra’s) position, status and knowledge, Give me form, give me victory, give me fame and destroy my enemies. 23

Oh Supreme Mother Goddess, who bestows peace upon the devotees who enshrine thou in their heart-lotuses, Give me form, give me victory, give me fame and destroy my enemies. 24

Bestow upon me my choicest devotion, Give me form, give me victory; give me fame and destroy my enemies. 25

Oh Durge, who redeems Jivas from the immense ocean of materialism; Give me form, give me victory, give me fame and destroy my enemies. 26

He/she who recites this hymn followed by Mahastotra (Saptashati), that worshiper of Saptashati attains rare results. 27

Thus ends the Argala Stotram of Markandeya Purana.
Post a Comment